October 28, 2007

Bright days ahead

I was all set to post an extremely caustic (yet hilarious) rant on apartment managers/landlords and the various and myriad ways they cause me distress, but then I actually got a place and lost my ranting mood (although I might post it later). Please join me in a great sigh of relief. Uggggggghhhhh.

I don't live right here, but my new abode isn't too far away

My new place is in Queens so it's safer and cleaner than much of Brooklyn. It's near tons of restaurants, a movie theater (I think), and it's on a direct 10-15 minute route to the Manhattan offices I'm working in. Included in my deal are complete furnishings, closet space, windows... oh yes, and a second room! I won't say how much it all costs, but it's a pretty sweet deal and I'm lucky to have walked in on it when I did because I'm basically sharing a three bedroom apartment with one other person. So I also get access to a complete kitchen (because sandwiches and cereal making requires plenty of space) and a bathroom that does not look like it's been used to test America's next generation of biological weapons.

Of course, with my new apartment will come new responsibilities. I'll almost certainly have to work full time (possibly no weekends for me) and the next couple of months will be full on nose to the grindstone with respect to my journalism applications. I move in to my new place November 1st but now that I have my living situation arranged (with some more money and paperwork to be completed in the next few days), I can return my focus to getting into grad school. Although this coming week I also have my first interview for a paid position. My fingers are officially crossed.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

YEY!!!! :)

Fletch said...

Who knew that cardboard boxes had kitchens? Or 3rd bedroom?

You rock!

(Oh yeah, congrats, too. Now enough with the good news and tell us sad tales from the big city. ;) )

Anonymous said...

*Great sigh of relief*

Hey today is November 1, that means you are at your new place right?

Matt said...

sarah - Yey!!!1

fletch - Har har har. Actually, the conditions have changed quite a bit. Right this moment I'm writing exactly what's happened in the past week.

april - I am. It's nice, but different from what I expected.