April 20, 2008

USC = Uggh, Soy Consado

I'm getting closer and closer towards choosing which journalism school to attend but before I reveal my choice I'll first recap my entire trip to USC.

Monday:

3am - Stagger home from another night of intensive television watching and internet surfing.

4am - 6am - Calculate how much sleep I'll get before having to wake up and prepare for flight.

6:30am-9am - Sleep. Frequently scratch myself.

9:15am-10:30am - Shower and undergo beauty routine consisting mostly of vigorous toweling and generous deodorizing.

10:45am-10:47am - Pack.

10:47am-12:45pm - Run errands and stuff face with food.

12:46pm-4:10pm - Step on wrong subway train and promptly fall asleep. Wake up in time to realize that I'm screwed.

4:15pm - Get rejected from flight. Pay $75 for a later flight and scramble to change all appointments. Nap

9:15pm - midnight (local time) - Think about how much I hate flying. Do it anyway.

Tuesday:

8:00am-6:30pm - Meet faculty and see department. Become simultaneously impressed with program and convinced I shouldn't go there.

7pm-11pm - Try to reroute flight to stop by Northwestern's campus. Fail then nap.

11pm-3:30am - Eat huge Carl's Jr. burger and not sleep because my stomach is tired of my abuse.

4:30am-7am - Wait at airport. Eat more fast food and silently add contribution to green house effect.

7am-4pm (local time) - Realize that I still hate flying. Do it anyway, again.

5pm-midnight - Sleep and completely screw up anything resembling a normal circadian rhythm.

Analysis of trip to come.

1 comment:

Fletch said...

I've been bad about following this site - need to add it to my reader.

Give me the short version to catch me up - now you're thinking about moving to Southern Cal?